As a firm that provides professional strategic advisory to clients, we know the importance of good corporate governance on improving business practices both in the short and long term. At Capital One Group, we have two layers of corporate governance practices.
Board of Advisors
As part of our corporate governance, Capital One Group relies on a team of accomplished experts who form the Board of Advisors (BOA). Their role is to offer innovative advice and dynamic perspectives to our strategic direction and operational functions. Other responsibilities include:
- Monitor corporate performance and evaluate results compared to the strategic plans and other long-range goals
- Review financial results, financial controls and reporting systems
- Review ethical standards and legal compliance programs and procedures
- Advise the management on governance issues
- Guide on short and long term plans
- Give a sounding board to the management’s performance
Board meetings are held once every three months where plans are presented and progress is reported. The BOA is made up of:
- Judy Rugasira Kyanda: Managing Director – Knight Frank Uganda (BOA Chair)
- Anthony Kituuka: Executive Director – Equity Bank
- Anthony Ndegwa: Chief Commercial Officer – Commercial Bank Of Africa
- Innocent Nahabwe: Group CEO – Kagwirawo Sports Betting, Galaxy FM, 911 Lounge & Blue Cube
- Isaiah Kojwang: Director: Sales & Marketing Director – Holiday Express Hotel
- Nataliey Bitature – Chief of Staff (Simba Group) and Founder (Musana Carts, EnerGrow & Handymen)
- Company Secretary
Ivan Wavamunno – Managing Partner of Mashariki Advocates – is our Company Secretary. He is responsible for the efficient administration of Capital One Group, particularly with regard to ensuring compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that strategic management decisions and BOA advice is implemented.
Ivan is a registered Advocate of the High Court in Uganda. He has a Bachelor of Laws Degree (LLB) from Makerere University, Kampala, a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (Dip. L.P) from the Law Development Centre, and a Post Graduate Diploma in Tax and Revenue Administration (PODITRA, Tax) from the East African School of Taxation. He is a member of the Uganda Law Society and the East Africa Law Society.
Mashariki Advocates is a corporate/commercial law firm with a specialized commercial transaction team focused on banking, corporate governance, SME structuring, blockchain, tax, impact investing and corporate advisory among others. They also have capacity in the renewable energy arena focusing on regulatory compliance, intellectual property, tax and project finance.